Cooking

Pineapple Chicken


Cooking is a creative art. Many ingredients go into making a dish and many flavors add to it. To give an appetizing look, all it takes is to add colors, garnish with different greens and reds.

With Foodstagrammers, Bloggers and Kitchen pages in social media art of making a dish is at our fingertips. Gone are the days when cook books and diaries occupied the kitchen shelves. Fusion foods are the in thing now, with all creativity to blend in the different cuisines. A decorated dish is like a bouquet of flower which brings happiness to the eye of the beholder. I am not sure if I am the right person to write this blog because I am not a big foodie. I eat to keep alive and not the live to eat type. Neither am I the bold type to try out the Vietnamese snake blood soup nor the alukap (Water beetle) fried of Rural Thailand. Since the world has turned out to be a travellers paradise we always get the food of our palate everywhere we go. But trying out the cuisine of a new place is an interesting thing with all new flavors other than the ones registered in our brains right from our childhood.


Fish Amritsari

What you eat does makeup for your well being. With more than ten times microbes than human cells in our body our gut is indeed the second brain of our system, that's my gut feeling.

The taste, the appearance, the feel or the texture of any dish can be recreated anywhere at anytime. Street foods of different places are fast catching up for our gastronome while travelling. Be it the Badrijani Nigvzit, Waffles fried chicken, Khachapuri, Pav bhaji, Pani puri, Aloo tikki, Capsicum Bajji, Gyros, Crepes, Pierogi and the lists goes on and on.


Chicken Roast
Pork Chilli
















Everyone has a tale of their kitchen experience. Normally when I have to make a dish, I browse through a couple of recipes and end up with a dish of a mix and match of the recipes. Almost all of my experiments have come out good. The greatest challenge, however, is to remake the same dish with the same taste after a while, for I would have forgotten what all went into the making of the experimental dish I made....and my experiment still continues....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bogor Botanical Garden

Going Home

Bali- Things to do