The New Tiny Homes

The concept of the apartments we moved in were that of a Resort model. Having moved to a tiny new home myself, I have experience a whole lot of things, from an emotionally confused me to get things organised at the possible available space to moving consciously within the available space.With swimming pools in between every block, low floor buildings, Gym, Community Hall, barbecue areas and Tennis court, it gave a resort atmosphere.
There is a new look out for smaller homes in the present world. In the ancient architectural knowledge of Vastu Shastra of India, the homes were built according to the need of the family living in it. Need....the needs now are far fetching.

Tiny Hall
Hall cum dine









Lots of tiny home constructions and renovation are seen in TV Channels. Many positives if you look at it...easier to maintain when you are super busy. Thinking of the cleaning part, it takes lesser time to do up the whole house. Only important things needed are bought into the house. Stocking is a big no...a rethink, to be precise. Well everything goes where it has to and throw away of used items happens when the new ones substitute it or replace it.



Guest Room
Master Bedroom

Office Room

After an year of living in a tiny new house consisting of a Hall, dining, kitchen, three bedrooms with one attached bath and another common bath, it is fine for a couple or if I were single, but with children, I do prefer a bigger place. And when you have friends and relatives for a stay over definitely a bigger place is needed.

Kitchen
Kitchen has just a counter and space is packed with refrigerator and washing machine, which gives hardly any space for another person to stand in there. Cooking time also gets longer as you cannot multitask. The sink is the most irritating to watch as it fills with vessels in no time. Everything is kept in shelves to utilize the space, hence most often you forget where the things went to.... ending up pulling all the boxes to search for the thing.
It's like living in a cocoon and feels liberated when you find a bigger space, be it an open ground or a nice big hall. Preferences matter, but to me, I prefer a bigger space....:) I really need space to move around and definitely not cautiously. I feel many of my activities have taken a back seat for I have to share the space with my daughter and spouse in my tiny new home.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bogor Botanical Garden

Going Home

Bali- Things to do